Welcome to Butternut Plaid.
Butternut Plaid is a instructional blog about wool applique and hand embroidery.
I have been quilting for over 20 years, as well as drawing and painting for most of my life. I learned about wool applique about nine years ago and became hooked. I taught myself how to dye wool, ribbon, and thread. I loved hand quilting, so the embroidered embellishment of the wool fueled my passion for the technique. I started making my own designs and eventully became the co-owner of a small wool applique design company.
I no longer own the company, but I found that I do enjoy teaching others how to create something handmade. I'll share my passion and knowlege through this blog, which I hope will bring you many happy hours of blissful stitching.
All photos and tutorials are the property of Grace Lombardo and Butternut Plaid and are for personal, non-commercial use only.The items cannot be mass-produced. They must be made by hand, one at a time. If you wish to post any of my photos on your website, please credit them to Butternut Plaid and link back to this blog. If you have any questions regarding use of the photos or projects you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 28, 2017 Flowers From My Garden Mystery Quilt - Block #2 Part I Feb 28, 2017
- Feb 11, 2017 Flowers From My Garden Block #1 -Part IV Feb 11, 2017
- Feb 7, 2017 Flowers From My Garden - Part III Feb 7, 2017
- January 2017
- Dec 6, 2016 Tis the Season Dec 6, 2016
- Oct 24, 2016 Welcome My Pretties Oct 24, 2016
- Aug 20, 2016 Tomato Mania Aug 20, 2016
- July 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 Marsha's Choice Jun 20, 2016
- Mar 25, 2016 Hands To Work - Small Pouch Mar 25, 2016
- Feb 13, 2016 A Little Love in Your Heart Feb 13, 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 6, 2015 Robin's Treat May 6, 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015